Thank you for sorting the food from your food drive; it is an enormous help to CEA. Please sort only as described below so it won’t require our volunteers to resort the food. If you are unsure of some items, just put them together and mark them “uncertain.”
- Sort Food by Expiration/Best By Date:
- Separate and pack food by year including. Food with no date should also be packed separately.
- We are not accepting any food that is expired or without an expiration date.
- Sort and Divide type of food
- DRY – ANYTHING IN A BOX SUCH AS: cereal, spaghetti, pasta, dry soups, pudding, cocoa mix, crackers, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, rice, granola bars, cookies, cake mix, etc.
- CANNED – items are divided into 16 groups as follows:
– Green Beans
– All other vegetables
– Canned Meals (ravioli, Spaghettios, Stew, Chili, etc.)
– Peanut Butter
– Chicken Soup
– All other canned Soups
– Spaghetti/Pasta Sauces (Ragu, Alfredo, Prego, etc.)
– Tomato products (tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Manwich)
– Baked Beans/Pork & Beans
– Other legume beans (kidney garbanzo, pinto)
– Tuna (canned only)
-HOLIDAY (out of season): Yams, Cranberry, Sauerkraut, Pumpkin, evaporated milk.
- CONDIMENTS –Olives, mustard, ketchup, salad dressing, pickles, salsa, etc.
- PAPER PRODUCTS – Paper products, detergent, personal hygiene items, coffee, tea, sugar
- ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL BAGS TO FEED THE HOMELESS – Individual packages of tuna, beans, non-microwaveable dishes, single serving fruit, applesauce, juice boxes.